This Assistive Device Helped My Grandfather Recover Not Only Physically, But Also Emotionally

As we age, everything that composes our whole being especially the physical parts of the body start to experience fragility and vulnerability. Thus, leading to increasing number of elderly people entering care homes because they cannot look after themselves because of brittle bones and other illnesses inside.

My grandfather is one of them. Being an 80-year old man who had experienced mild stroke some time last year, he can barely get up from bed to loss out the waters inside him thus demand a great help from people around through a machine.

Although it is hard for us to leave him in the mornings because of work, I have decided to scan online if there are available assistive devices for elderly like him instead of taking him to a home for the aged, because you know that would make it a little harder for all of us.

I came across an online store in Singapore named TechElderCare that sells different kinds of assistive technology for elderly. At first, I was skeptical because their products might be of low quality but online forums really recommended this store. And because I am a worryward and an anxious person, I searched further about the background of the company and found out that they are offering assistive devices for elderly not only to gain profit but also to enable senior citizens to grasp a peaceful, convenient and independent life available for them.

That really encouraged me and made me confident that buying the assistive technology for my grandfather will be worth every penny because not only that it will lighten his situation but even more inspire him to get better every day because there are people believing that despite their age, they can still perform things alone--with the use of the machines.

Since my grandfather experience aftermath stroke shocks, I bought a lift ware steady which is an electronic handle that provides stability while he’s eating. The package includes a innovated spoon, fork and spork that will essentially help his body in differentiating tremors from hand movements.

Aside from that, I ordered a self-balancing wheelchair designed to walk him through the house and carry him up and down the stairs. Because he experiences a hard time in getting up and down the stairs or going to the restroom to pee, this assistive device do the job for him. With its two big wheels, stability and balance are assured.

TechElderCare has a wide variety of product offerings and services such as introducing their customers to trusted elder care service providers and agencies that are responsible in tracking and monitoring these citizens, giving them first aid and bring them into the hospital in case of emergencies. Furthermore, check-ups are done by the company to track and ensure the elders’ health.

And while I hope and pray for the complete recovery of my grandfather, the devices really paved the way to his healing. Although we experienced adjustments in the first phases but I saw how my grandfather help himself to get better because of the independence that the assistive technology device we had for him. That’s why I completely recommend TechElderCare because it didn’t just lighten the situation physically but also helped my grandfather in recovering emotionally.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Lay Off the Instant: Try Organic Nuts in Singapore

Sticking with Cryptocurrencies All throughout Will Yield Result

Factors to Consider When Choosing Yoga School