Top 3 Reasons for Visiting a Doctor

Most of the times people visit doctors if they are not feeling alright. Sometimes, even if one is sick he or she may not opt to visit a doctor due to the reason that he or she might be afraid of the hospital or the aura of a clinic let alone see white walls and medical people. I, for one, has the same issues as everyone else. I don’t give much attention to my health even if I have a flu or my wrist is swollen due to carrying huge luggage or because the skin in my palms is drying and peeling. But like most of the people in Singapore, I am an employee. One of my most dreaded times in the year is the annual physical exam.
Every year there is this what I call “Bedok north clinic” day. This is the day when I get to the clinic in Bedok north and have myself checked. One of the things that I like most about this clinic is that the clinic assistant is super nice. I remember 2 years ago, when I was just starting out my career in Singapore and it was my first time visiting this clinic at Bedok north, the receptionist is so friendly and helpful. The doctor also took his time to fully explain to me my condition and answer the questions that I have in mind. Moreover, the clinic is so clean and you will feel comfortable right away. From that day on, I had a change of heart and promise to visit my doctor more often for the following reasons:

As the old saying goes, “an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.” Health protection and prevention is the key to staying healthy for the long haul. From blood tests, urine and fecal analysis and other medical tests, the doctor can have a whole information about your health status. An hour or so to a doctor’s clinic can add years of health in your life.

Another reason is to establish your health risk. My family has a history of diabetes, heart disease and asthma. When I visited a clinic, I asked the doctor if I am also at risk of these conditions. The doctor suggested to run tests to be able to find out my current health status, which helps me keep my body in check and my mind as well.

Lastly, previously, I experienced being into shifting work schedules to fit our company client’s needs. I had insomnia and I had difficulty sleeping before. I search the internet to confirm if I really have an insomnia and it doesn’t help because I am not sure if my self-diagnosis is correct. The visit that I pay to my doctor help me identify possible underlying causes for my restless nights—and I did get the help that I need to actually get some sleep.

Establishing a good relationship with my doctor means having someone who knows my medical history and having someone who can help shape my healthy present and future.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Sticking with Cryptocurrencies All throughout Will Yield Result

Factors to Consider When Choosing Yoga School

Lay Off the Instant: Try Organic Nuts in Singapore